- Sarper controls Shekinah’s life with what she eats, how she looks, and even chooses her clothes and makeup.
- Shekinah is manipulated: Sarper sends voice messages telling Shekinah how to behave, what to eat, and how to look, manipulating her into thinking it is reasonable advice.
- Sarper wants a specific physique: Sarper wants Shekinah to have the physique he desires and tries to make her adhere to his standards of beauty, including her weight and appearance.
90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way season 5 alum Sarper Güven is making Shekinah Garner’s life miserable by controlling it. Sarper is a 43-year-old Turkish man who Shekinah, 41, met on a dating app. Sarper went on the first date thinking it would be a one-night stand, but Shekinah started to grow on him as he realized she cared about him. Shekinah decided to leave her life in Los Angeles behind for the man who wore highlighter when he went to meet her. A year later, aesthetician and make-up artist Shekinah said goodbye to her 16-year-old daughter and moved to Istanbul.
Model and personal trainer Sarper bragged about having slept with 2500 women before getting committed to Shekinah. He saw it as a big sacrifice and didn’t give her the respect she deserved. He took the longest time to make their relationship Instagram official. He disgraced her in front of her sister and even pushed her into having his baby when Shekinah repeatedly said no. He told her it would take him two days to forget her if she went back to the U.S. after leaving him. Sarper apologized to Shekinah after realizing his mistake. Sarper and Shekinah were very much together during 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way Tell All.
90 Day Fiancé’s Sarper Wants Shekinah To Weigh Certain Weight
A day after Shekinah landed in Turkey, Sarper said he wanted to weigh her. The 90 Day Fiancé star reminded her of her target, which was 128 pounds. She said she had brushed it off when she was in the U.S. because he was a personal trainer. However, he started to weigh with his scale, and Shekinah wondered if it was something she should be concerned about. Sarper saw that Shekinah was 132 pounds, which meant she was overweight Sarper told the cameras he didn’t like women to be muscular, so he wanted Shekinah to have the “physique” he wanted. “She’s one of my clients right now,” he gleefully said.
Sarper Decides What Shekinah Eats
During the 90 Day Fiancé Tell All, Sarper was asked if he still weighed Shekinah. He said he didn’t because Shekinah was now in “good form.” He described himself as a control freak who was making Shekinah eat what he wanted. When the two of them are apart, Sarper sends Shekinah voice messages that tell her, “How to behave today, how to look, you know, what to eat,” as per the Los Angeles woman. Tim Malcolm, who was present on set said, “That is ridiculous” out loud. He declared, “She is brainwashed” by Sarper. Shekinah played the voice messages sent to her by Sarper that very morning.
Sarper told her, “Don’t eat too much carbs for the lunch OK? And if they give you any options, show it to me.” Sarper asked Shekinah to send him the menu on set so he could choose the dish he wanted her to eat. “Sorry I didn’t do that,” she told him but told her co-stars that he was giving good and reasonable advice. Shekinah asked them if he sounded mean. Kenny Niedermeier deduced that Shekinah was being manipulated into thinking she was being given good advice since Sarper was extremely sweet to her.
Sarper Chooses Shekinah’s Clothes & Make-Up
In one of his messages to Shekinah, Sarper told her she shouldn’t wear dark lipstick or contour her face for the Tell All filming. He asked her to make her lips look bigger and told her to sit straight. 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way fans have watched Sarper telling Shekinah not to wear a leather skirt, which was “too short,” and asking her to wear a long skirt while also picking out a jacket for her to wear. Shekinah defended Sarper by saying he had an “eye” for all things beauty-related and had a “vision” for her.
Sarper liked Shekinah with lighter hair which was longer, and he always untucked her hair from her right side. The 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way star strived to make his “dream girl” look perfect. He wanted her not to wear pink eyeshadow either. Sarper made Shekinah use blush so she didn’t look pale. While Shekinah knew what Sarper was telling her to do was wrong, she claimed she had bigger issues to deal with in the relationship such as his not making their relationship Instagram official.
90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way airs Mondays at 8 p.m. EDT on TLC.
Source: 90 Day Fiancé/Instagram
90 Day Fiance: The Other Way
- Release Date:
- Season List:
- 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way – Season 1, 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way – Season 2, 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way – Season 3, 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way – Season 4, 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way – Season 5
- 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way flips the script on the original series – couples that have never met face to face and have 90 days to get married switches roles – the American in the relationship will now head overseas for their culture shock. India, Mexico, Ethiopia, and Russia are just some of the countries where the show will observe the blossoming (or faltering) 90-day relationship that will end happily ever after or a one-way ticket back with heartbreak.
- Story By:
- Jenny Slatten, Sumit Singh, Ariela Weinberg, Deavan Clegg.
- Matt Sharp
- Streaming Service(s):
- TLC GO
- 90 Day Fiancé
- Matt Sharp