All alongside, Warner Bros. has mentioned the plan for the Incredible Beasts And The place to Discover Them franchise is a 5 film saga. This week’s Incredible Beasts: The Secrets and techniques of Dumbledore is the third chapter of that grand scheme, following the unique movie and Incredible Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. However given The Secrets and techniques of Dumbledore’s field workplace, you must surprise if that authentic plan can be carried out to completion.
That’s as a result of The Secrets and techniques of Dumbledore debuted on the field workplace with simply $43 million in ticket gross sales in the US, by far the worst whole in both the Incredible Beasts sequence or the Harry Potter franchise which impressed it. True, the pandemic has typically harm field workplace totals throughout the board, however Incredible Beasts is meant to be the type of monumental tentpole that folks will nonetheless come out to see in theaters, just like the Marvel franchise or the Quick & Livid photos. At the least this time, it didn’t do its job.
Right here’s how The Secrets and techniques of Dumbledore compares with each opening weekend within the Harry Potter and Incredible Beasts films; as you may see it barely made 1 / 4 of what the ultimate Harry Potter grossed in a single weekend in 2011, even if it nonetheless value a reported $200 million to supply:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Half 2 – $169.1 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Half 1 – $125.0 million
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Hearth – $102.6 million
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – $93.6 million
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – $90.2 million
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and techniques – $88.3 million
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – $77.8 million
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – $77.1 million
- Incredible Beasts and The place to Discover Them – $74.4 million
- Incredible Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald – $62.1 million
- Incredible Beasts: The Secrets and techniques of Dumbledore – $43 million
In line with Deadline, there may be some uncertainty about Harry Potter’s film future. They write that there are “no concrete pans instantly” for a brand new Potter film, and the much-publicized Harry Potter HBO Max sequence nonetheless has no writers hooked up. There additionally isn’t a script for a fourth Incredible Beasts but, regardless of that five-movie plan. I’m no wizard, but when I needed to might into the long run, I sincerely doubt I might see two extra Incredible Beasts there; I believe both a reboot or some type of film set in Hogwarts and way more within the type of the unique Potters would make much more sense.